Career Position: Automation Engineer – Controls Engineer
Applied Sciences Group is seeking motivated candidates who are fit for an agile, broad-spectrum, innovative, and adaptable software development services firm.
We are looking for someone that spent some of their career as a Controls Engineer, a person who provided project-based design, development, test, integration, and maintenance support of factory automation systems for a variety of advanced manufacturing firms.
With the ability to work in a fast paced, fun, team environment tasks may include:
- Interpret detailed specifications for automation and control systems; be able to research, understand, and specify commercially available components for use in a complete system.
- Understand the scope and deliverables of the project in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Good organization and time management are a must.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in industrial controls (PLC/HMI) and exposure to SCADA systems development. (10-20 years of experience is welcome and compensation will reflect it.)
- Allen Bradley - Rockwell, GE, Siemens and/or Wonderware tools for data collection, reporting and user interface experience is a plus
- Good communications, multi-tasking and personality are a must as you will be working with a variety of clients
- Experience interpreting electrical diagrams and systems.
- Exposure to AutoCAD (or similar) design for electrical applications such as panel layout drawings, I/O drawings, conduit schedules, etc.
- Ability to perform electrical check out of completed control panels.
- Electrical Installation Inspection and verification of field I/O.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Work with internal team members to develop reusable code and engineering documentation for the company’s standardization efforts
- Continue your professional development with regular training on specialized equipment and software as well as government and industry standards
This position is based in Buffalo, NY with occasional regional travel necessary.
Applied Sciences Group is a software engineering firm specializing in leading edge applications- specific software development in a broad range of markets. Our software engineering teams have worked in Aerospace, Automotive, Transportation, Packaging, Food & Beverage, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Entertainment and other industrial and commercial market spaces.
ASG provides health benefits, paid vacation and holidays, a modern, clean, open and friendly working environment, a diverse, energetic and enthusiastic staff, flexible working hours, free coffee and other perks. Offices are located directly across from the Buffalo Airport and include secure parking, cafeteria and an on-site fitness facility.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org